Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Leftover Schmeftovers

I finally had to freeze the last half of the Johnny Mazumi, so I can use the loaf of bread I bought before it goes stale. In keeping with my health streak, I had strawberries and spinach. For the spinach, I put some vegetable oil in small sauce pan then added a handful of spinach and heated/stirred it until it shriveled up. I also added some salt, and after it shriveled I two more handfuls. (Three handfuls of raw spinach shrivels into that tiny pile of cooked spinach!) I mainly did this because I couldn't take a meal that looked like rabbit food one more time.

For the sandwich, I made a panini! I had some turkey and mozerella cheese to use up so I dipped one of the pieces of bread in the vegetable oil (before I added the spinach and salt) then pressed the oil side of the bread to the other slice of bread. On the non-oil sides I put miracle whip, mozerella cheese, and turkey. Then, I grilled it on my George Foreman for about 3 minutes (miraculously the exact same time it took to cook the spinach!).

It was quite a delicious meal for just throwing together some about-to-expire stuff from the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment