Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mexican Chicken Pizza

I found this recipe on pinterest, and I'm in love with it now! I didn't exactly follow the recipe because I was just throwing the ingredients together really fast to try and eat between meeting and Pigskin practice. It's very simple. I used store bough pizza dough and unrolled it on a greased pan. I used salsa where the pizza sauce would normally go then grated some pepper jack cheese over the whole pizza. I then sprinkled the shredded grilled chicken and the red and yellow peppers over the pizza and added another layer of cheese. I cooked it for about 12 minutes.

According to the recipe it's technically supposed to have onions in it too, and you're supposed to saute the onions and peppers, but I didn't have time to cut the onion and saute everything so I just skipped that part. The onions would make it a lot better, but it was still absolutely delicious how it was! Sorry, I didn't get a picture of it before I had eaten it! Here's the recipe:



Spicy Chicken and Pepper Jack Pizza


Yield: Serves 3 to 4

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
3 cups diced fresh red, yellow and green bell peppers
1 (13.8 oz.) tube refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® ChefStyle Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
Chopped cilantro or dried oregano (optional)
1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough onto a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray; press dough evenly to all edges of pan. Bake in preheated 425°F 8 minutes. 3. Stir salsa into cooked vegetables; spread over partially baked crust. Top with chicken and cheese.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cut into squares; garnish with cilantro or oregano if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment