Monday, September 3, 2012

How to Turn Box Lids into Canvases

I saw this on pinterest and decided to recreate it for our living room. I have SO many shoe boxes that finding lids was not easy. It also helped de-clutter my closet, which is a bonus! First, I rearranged the lids in the pattern I wanted. Next, I took a picture of that order, so I would remember once I painted them. I would recommend writing on the back of the lid where it goes in the pattern.

 After a few coats of white paint, I put the boxes back in the order and used a chevron stencil I found on Google images to draw the print on to the lids.
 I chose three colors of paint, and painted the boxes. After spraying them with matte finishing spray, they were ready to hang on the wall!


Pushpins worked perfectly for hanging them on the wall. We love them and get so many compliments on them! It's been one of my favorite projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment