Monday, September 3, 2012

My Table!



This is another project that started after something I found on Pinterest. The table I originally saw was painted white and then stained on top, but I didn't want to mess with staining. The table used to be my grandparents, and my grandmother started refinishing it over 20 years ago. That's why the table is so blotchy. I guess it's time I finished the project for her!




Chairs Before

Before



I used paint for all of it. After painting the top white, I started the pattern. The pattern took a lot of trial and error. I got the stencil from Michaels. The best way to get the stencil to not bleed was to spray the back of the stencil with spray-adhesive, and then push it down onto the table. I used a sponge roller to roll a thin layer of black paint on the table. This left a layer of sticky adhesive that I had to scrape off. There's probably a better way of removing it, but I didn't know what else to try. I then painted the legs and chairs a turquoise color, and the leaf I painted black. Everything still needs a layer of sealant, but I've got some free weekends coming up for that.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I love the unique style of the chairs. What color turquoise paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I used Behr Peacock Feather in eggshell.

      Delete