Saturday, October 29, 2011

Italian Sausage Mix

This week I've gotten into recreating left overs to make different things. I mixed the left over bell peppers and mixed them with italian sausage and sauteed onions. For the first day I stuffed crescent rolls with the mix and Monterrey jack cheese and baked for 10 minutes at 350, and let me say, this was soooo good. It's perfect for the cold weather.

The next day I put the mix in a quesadilla, and that was super good too! This time I used the leftover pepper jack cheese from the pizza. After all of that, I STILL have some of the sausage/onion/bell pepper mix left. Next I think I might mix it with the leftover corn and stewed tomatoes from making taco soup earlier this week.

I tried some other crafts and things I've found on pinterest. First, I tried washing my cookie sheets using a mix from this website. It mixes peroxide and baking soda, but it didn't work. Another website i found said to use vinegar and baking soda, but that didn't work either. So cleaning the baking sheets failed.


Second I tried making a candle out of an orange, and this worked! It was really cool! You cut around the middle of the orange, but just enough to cut the peel. Then pull the peel off the top. You sort of have to invert the peel to do this. For the top half, pull the peel off completely. For the bottom half, pull the strings through the middle keeping them attached to the peel. This part will be the wick. Fill the wick end with olive oil leaving enough of the "wick" sticking up so you can light it. Cut a hole in the top half and set it on top of the lit bottom!

Cool Right? I thought so!

No comments:

Post a Comment