Saturday, September 17, 2011

Deep-Dish Fail

I didn't make many creative things this week because I was trying to use up all the food I had that was about to expire. I had:
  • half a loaf of bread
  • 2 eggs
  • a little turkey
  • leftover sausage
  • queso
  • chips
  • cheese
I used this to make another turkey panini one day. The next day I made an egg-in-a-hole and mixed the sausage with the queso. (I know, super healthy meal right?) And the third day I made another egg-in-a-hole! At this point it was time to go to the grocery store!

Wednesday night I decided to try a recipe I found for deep dish pizza. I bought refrigerated pizza dough and filled a round 9" pan with it. Then put a layer of sliced tomato on that and covered it with mozerella cheese and the rest of the left over sausage! It's supposed to cook for 30-35 minutes, but when I checked on mine after 20 minutes it was already burnt. So I recommend cooking for about 15 minutes at 350 or following the directions on the dough can.

The next night I made spaghetti with butter sauce and grilled chicken to use up some of those things. I also planned on having a baked potato with it, but I forgot about the potato! So I just had the spaghetti and some garlic cheese bread we had bought a while ago.

The pizza made a ton. I've had it for 2 meals and still have more for one more meal. Which  means it's a fairly cheap recipe! I also have leftovers from olive garden last night, so I won't be cooking for a while again! Bad news is that's less to blog about. Good news is my grocery bill is way cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment