Thursday, January 29, 2015

Updated - Things to Do In NYC


New York City is without a doubt my favorite city that I've been to so far. I would love to live there one day. I've been six times now, and I've been adding to my list of things to do. It started as 54 things, and has now grown to many more.


On my most recent visit to the city, I discovered Gantry Plaza State Park. My friend and I went to Long Island City in Queens (a quick subway ride from Manhatten) so she could buy pointe shoes, and while we were there we discovered this great park. It has a fabulous view of the Manhatten skyline, and a cool Coca-Cola sign.


Also, while we were walking to the subway station, we passed some great graffiti art including this painting of the skyline.


As a How I Met Your Mother fan, I loved stopping at McGee's on 55th. It's the bar that MacLaren's is based on. McGee's has a full HIMYM themed menu with drinks such as "Have You Met the Captain" and the "Slutty Pumpkin." Between my friends and I, we tried almost all of the themed drinks, and they were all great.



I discovered a new brunch place called Rue 57. I got the french toast, and it was fabulous. The weather was great, so we sat on the street and enjoyed people watching.

There are many other fun things that I added to the spreadsheet. I hope to continue adding ideas after future trips!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't see The Cloisters on your list. I would highly recommend visiting it next time you are in NYC.

    ReplyDelete