Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Gooey Goodstuff

Sunday funday means baking day! Today I made this awesomely good easy thing. It's technically called "Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars", but I have another recipe similar to that so I'm just calling this Chocolate Peanut Butter Gooey Goodstuff! It's just a mix of yellow cake, eggs, butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk! YUMMM

Here's the recipe:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
by Greta White


1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coconut (optional...my sister did not like the texture of it in there)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut.
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars. 
Also, I've decided to start a challenge to see how many recipes I can come up with using crescent rolls. My goal is 30! The first one I'll share with you is a good breakfast option or late night snack! You take an unbaked unrolled crescent roll and spread peanut butter on it then sprinkle chocolate chips. Roll it up and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350. It's another yummy gooey chocolate peanut butter thing! 

Well now I'm off to make this cool thing out of toilet paper rolls. Which by the way I'm collecting toilet paper and paper towel rolls, like the cardboard part. So PLEASE send yours my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment